Posted by: G-WizZ
on Apr 30 @ 11:06 AM with
Rockstar has just released a set of three trailers, one for each of the main playable characters
in Grand Theft Auto V
. Full analysis below the video player.
We see more into Michael's family life here as he balances the conflicts with his wife and children while also working to maintain the luxurious lifestyle to which they are accustomed. He clearly has a temper and is seeing a therapist, further embellishing the "Sopranos" feeling of his story. We also get to see a variety of heists taking place.
Things we noticed:
- Vanity license plates make a return: we see a red Sentinel convertible with "KRYST4L". According to previews, Michael's wife's name is Amanda and his daughter's name is Tracy, and it looks like Michael is driving the car. He had a red Sentinel convertible earlier in the video, but with standard plates. Not sure if this is an oversight.
- The Securicar looks largely unchanged from GTAIV, and we see it flipping over (by a tow truck that's labeled "Casey's Highway Clearance") and smashing through a wall. It looks like this is part of a mission cutscene but we are still hoping for some sort of structural damage capabilities in the environment
- During a melee scene you can see a Vapid car dealership in the background
- We see a robbery of the Vangelico jewelry store, followed by a helicopter chase, and ending with Michael crashing through a skyscraper window and taking a hostage - likely the mission that was previewed by Game Informer.
- There is a new style of Police Car, using the Bravado Buffalo. One has the number 56 on the roof, while another has 43. Perhaps the unique fleet numbers we had hoped for will be an actuality.
In contrast to Michael's lavish "mob" gangster lifestyle, Franklin is truly a "street" gangster. This video is shot almost entirely in the low-income urban areas of Los Santos, full of police chases, strip clubs, liquor stores, and gang shootouts. He seems comparable to Luis from Ballad of Gay Tony in that he is trying to go straight but his surroundings keep pulling him back into the mix of chaos.
Things we noticed:
- A facelifted Bravado Buffalo and a GTAIV-style Buffalo are seen within seconds of each other. Also seen is a GTAIV-style Karin Intruder. We saw what we assumed to be an updated Intruder back in November, so this all but confirms that there are multi-generational vehicles in GTAV.
- Dramatically updated light sequences on police cars and a third, still-unknown model of cruiser, looks to have a Vapid logo
- There is a station wagon, possibly the Regina, with luggage tied to the roof driving by
- Graffiti for Grove Street and the "Killer Hills"
- A large Declasse SUV with chrome bullbars could hint at car customization - something we have yet to hear any official word on.
Trevor is a psychotic trailer park pig of a man, and that's why he's probably our favorite. Let the video speak for itself.
Things we noticed:
- Sandy Shores' official motto is "We Have Liquor" - also everybody drives a pickup truck.
- Trevor hits a lot of people in the face.
- A Benefactor coupe, similar to the Feltzer in GTAIV, is seen with a body kit. More clues for possible car customization?
- There is a logo for The Lost MC Los Santos on the side of a trailer home. Looks like the biker gang may play a role in the story
- Fire animations are unbelievably realistic
The contrast between the three characters is phenomenal, and many improvements
we have hoped for and discussed in recent months seem to be making their way into the game. Take into account all of the different locations seen in these videos and you start to get a sense of how mind-blowingly huge and diverse the city of Los Santos is.