- - - - -

Game Informer GTAV Preview

10 replies to this topic

#1 G-WizZ

PLAY A RECORD

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Here is a breakdown of today's much anticipated Grand Theft Auto V preview from Game Informer.

GTAV has three main characters: Michael (narrator of the first trailer), Franklin (driver of the red convertible), and Trevor - these are the three who rob the jewelry store, and we come to find out that heists are what they do best (and often). You can switch fluidly (with Google Earth-styled effects) between the three characters at nearly any time, as each is living simultaneously within the city. Every time you switch you will be dropped into the other character's current location and activity. Each of them has their own personality, motivations, skillset, and story. Some missions will even allow you to switch characters during the mission to complete it from a different perspective.

Grand Theft Auto V Preview Grand Theft Auto V Preview Grand Theft Auto V Preview Grand Theft Auto V Preview

Driving cars now feels less "boatlike", and their handling gives the vehicles of GTAV more of a racing game feel. There are a huge variety of cars, trucks, bikes, helicopters, planes, ATVs, and jet skis - more vehicles than any other GTA to date. Planes will be available early on, and some cars we spotted were the Pfister Comet, the F620, Patriot, 9F, and a Mustang look-alike that could very well be a modern Stallion.

Grand Theft Auto V Preview Grand Theft Auto V Preview Grand Theft Auto V Preview Grand Theft Auto V Preview

When you include the interior and exterior areas on the map of Los Santos, it is bigger than GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, and San Andreas combined, and includes beachfronts, underwater coastline, wine country, large wilderness areas, a fully explorable Mount Chiliad, and a military base.

There are a lot more dynamic events (like we said there should be). You can pull over next to a hitchhiker, or a broken down car, and interact with the pedestrian. You may even see 2 parked cars and a sea of dead bodies in the middle of the desert, which you can investigate if you wish. You can hijack random cash trucks, or even stop criminals who stole some lady's purse.

Several complex, multi-tiered missions similar to GTAIV's "Three Leaf Clover" are featured, as heists are a big theme in the game. A greater degree of side missions are available as well as more sophisticated mini-games. Each character has their own unique hobbies. Los Santos has a "very vibrant and fun economy" - there is no property to buy, but "there will be loads of other stuff" - what, exactly, we don't know yet. Ammunation returns, and there was no mention of car customization.

The musical score compliments tense situations, similar to Max Payne 3. Rockstar did not want to use celebrity voice actors, as being able to recognize the voice would detract from the realism of the characters.

The physical copy of this issue of Game Informer will hit news stands on November 16th, and the second Grand Theft Auto V trailer will be revealed on the 14th. If you haven't already done so, go buy new pants.
Posted Image

#2 --Pete--

Shoplifter

• Veterans
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Currently reading through, this is going to be all kinds of epic.

#3 SwissMiss33

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

I think i pee'd a little.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 JCMoorehead

Wheelman

• Administrators
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

It looks and sounds amazing, cannot wait for the trailer. Wrote a big preview preview at my site: http://www.pwgaming....tav_preview.php but I kinda feel I still feel there is a lot more to digest, between me and G we should get it all in the next week or so in time for the trailer,

Definitely excited for multiple protagonists and dynamic events too.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Sushi Washi4268

Shoplifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'm not sure if I jizzed or pee'd but damnit it feels good.

#6 G-WizZ

PLAY A RECORD

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Probably pee. sese
Posted Image

#7 Logos

Associate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

and this was just a preview....cant wait to read this x the number of pages the GI one is :wub:
Posted Image

#8 G-WizZ

PLAY A RECORD

• Administrators
  • 724 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:23 AM

Yeah we barely covered half of what was in the article, and the things we did cover are explained in much greater detail in the magazine
Posted Image

#9 corridon

Pickpocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

So glad they are fixing the driving physics. That was one of the things that killed IV for me.

#10 JCMoorehead

Wheelman

• Administrators
  • 244 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ah yeah the boat physics, I did find that as they released new episodes the physics got slightly better. By Ballad it wasn't perfect but it felt better than the stock GTAIV
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Fordhater12

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Even though i like the idea of scaleing back the "Boat" Phisics, I really do hope they keep the feeling of weight in the vehicles. In Saints Row, every vehicle had that "riding on rails" feel and it never felt natural.
Hopscotch Level

Asian
Master <---------------
Pro
Intermediate
Beginner
nOOb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Google